Your privacy is important to me.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by me and for other ancillary purposes, unless I obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I will make readily available to client’s information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information in their request.
- I will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the Fulfillment of those purposes.
- Dissuasion in our counselling session remains confidential,
- Throughout the counselling process, confidentiality is maintained for clients.
- Your therapy records are the property of your counselor and shall be treated as confidential.
- The following circumstances are an exception to keeping confidentiality and are required by law to report: This standard procedure and practice is for all clients, regardless of age or background, except in the following circumstances:
- You instruct me to tell someone else and provide written permission of this
- I determine you are a danger to yourself, to others or someone is a danger to you
- I am ordered by a court to disclose information
- The law is going to be, or has been, broken
- Abuse of children is a mandatory reporting offence which I am bound by law to report